What are backlinks
Backlinks to one website are the result of another website “referring” to your website. They are also one of the most important “assets” you can have in your online business.
Definition of backlinks
In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by one web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node.
So that is the basic definition and it is easy to understand. But the most important issue is the impact of backlinks on your website. Again, from Wikepedia:
“Inbound links were originally important (before the emergence of search engines) as the primary means of web browsing; today, their importance lies in search engine optimization (SEO). The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (for example, this is used by Google to determine the PageRank of a web page). Outside of SEO, backlinks to a web page can be of significant personal, cultural, or semantic interest – they indicate who is paying attention to that page. “
The backlinks are considered a vote of confidence by the search engines of your website. The more you have, the better – especially if they’re widely spread across multiple websites. In other words, search engines value these links more if they come from different sources.
That leaves one last question: how do you build SEO links? We’re purists when it comes to backlink building, we don’t believe in the quick fix of building 10,000 links overnight. It is actually very dangerous for your website because it will be marked as spam.
The best and most sustainable method of building SEO backlinks is as follows:
- Article Submission – There are many article submission sites that you submit articles to such as Go Articles, Basic Articles, Ezine Articles, etc.
- social bookmarking – There are also many social bookmarking sites like Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and many more where you can post links. If you are an internet marketer then you should make a habit of posting your links to these sites as they are highly exposed in search engines.
- directory submission – Yeah, we know, the boring old directory submission sites. But if you consider that most directory submission sites have a high page rank (good) and a low Alexa rank (even better!), Then good management of SEO link building with these sites is worth it. hardly.
- Veretekk – We’ve saved the best for last. If you’ve never been exposed to Veretekk, you’re missing out on a great opportunity to improve your website’s performance. I like to call it a stroke of genius because if you use the Veretekk solution as it is designed you will naturally have SEO success because that’s what it’s supposed to do – create the SEO structure. underlying to get you high rankings. And as a bonus, there is live training every day on different parts of the Veretekk system.
- Many internet marketers – especially new beginners – don’t pay enough attention to SEO. This is fundamental to your success, such as having the right grip on the golf club. Without the right grip you cannot hit the golf ball. Without SEO, you cannot be successful in internet marketing.
We hope this has answered your question on “What are backlinks on a website”.